GDPR comes into force on the 25th May 2018 and it affects how your data can be stored and be used.
WBIC has never shared information without approval from the individual and is only been in the case of a referral or case study and only on signed agreement.
The person that owns data about the individual is now the individual rather than the corporation or business.
For your information we store information in the following areas:-
1) Ovatu – Online Calendar booking system – but only basic information e.g. Name, email and contact number.
2) Rehab My Patient – Occasionally when we issue exercises it is using this system and just contains Name and email address. Again we will continue to use this system and they have issued a GDPR statement.
3) Coaches Eye – This allows us to video movement. We don’t store any personal information apart from the video.
4) All notes are held on paper and this won’t be changing in the foreseeable future and the notes are kept for 7 years. If you don’t and come to see us for 7 years then the forms will be shredded.
5) Mailchimp – We have occasionally sent out newsletters and will be continuing to do so however we will be starting new lists and you will be asked to proactively tick a box saying you’re prepared to be contacted.
If you have any concerns then please email the clinic on firstname.lastname@example.org
When you do come and see us we will be asking you to sign a new form with your permission to store data and contact you.