We realise that this might be a bit late in the day. Although according to the forecast we are going to have more warm weather but not to the degree that we have had recently. In someways when it is extremely hot we are more likely to take precautions but when it is 23/24 degrees we are less likely, and though the risk is less, it is still worth remembering these details.
A lot of it is common sense:-
- Wear loose/light coloured clothing.
- Use sunscreen
- Wear a hat especially if you’re follicly challenged.
- Don’t get dehydrated. Drink plenty of water and when you’re exercising take a bottle with you – no not a wine, gin or beer bottle but water. Save the wine, gin or beer for when you get back.
- Mad dogs may go out in the midday sun but not Englishman, Scotsmen, Irish or Welsh!
Those are basic things to remember but also:-
- Know your fitness level. If you’re new to exercise or unfit be more cautious in the heat. Your body might be less heat tolerant.
- When you sweat you lose salts from your body. Make sure you replace those salts and the best way to do this is to drink sports drinks or use hydrating powder in your water and ensure it contains electrolytes.
- Be Aware – If you have a medical condition or are on certain medication you maybe more prone to heat related issues.
Hope that is helpful and not too late in the day.